My hair chalk has arrived, found them on Konga and it didn't take too long to get delivered. I'm excited to see how it turns out on my locs. I will be putting it on only a few stands because I think it would be cooler that way, besides I can't imagine my whole head green, purple or blue. I'm crazy but not that crazy.
I'm getting my hair washed at Locitude Studio because frankly speaking it is less stressful than DIY. It's my first wash of 2017 and I'm so looking forward to having water on my scalp. The moment of hair chalking has come and oh my it's quite a messy process, but look how vibrant the green is on my locs. 3 strands down and I'm thinking that's enough. One colour only is boring so let me add some purple, on 3 more strands :). I swear I'm stopping now, no more.
|Ade, experimenting with hair chalk.|
|Hair Chalk on Loose Natural Hair|
Tonight I'll sleep in my Locitude Multipurpose Band and hope I still have colour in the morning.
Gosh today was busy, still had my band on for most of today and didn't even bother to see how my hair chalking was doing, Took of my band to demonstrate the many uses of the all purpose band and didn't put it on again. Customers like it and Dija opted to try it out too.
|Hair Chalk on Dija's hair.|
I stained my pillow case last night, kept procrastinating about wearing my band to sleep but slept off watching Netflix and now my pillows are the new Shrek and Barney.
Today I stayed at home all day, rest was much needed. Work was busy yesterday, we like busy at the Locitude Studio. I decided to go for a run and finally get to keeping one of my new year resolutions. Size 10 I must be and this tummy must be drawing board flat. My all purpose band did not leave my locs.
I still have colour in my locs, in fact someone complimented, :) look at me now, I am bae not just bae sef, funky bae, looking all fly with green and purple in my hair.
I feel a little stressed though, from over thinking and under doing, so I decided to freshen my face with a damp wipe hoping my stress will be relieved and guess what colour the wipe cloth is? Greenish Purple. Hmmmm. I don't remember any one staring at me funny so I'm sure my face hasn't been too greenish purple.
Tomorrow would make my Hair Chalk journey one week I will give you my preliminary analysis then.
The Verdict after Six-ish days.
1. I still have colour in my locks, so Hair chalk is an awesome temporary alternative for getting colour.
2. It's damn easy to apply.
3. The colours are vibrant and they show. Colouring locs is usually an hassle, the colour never comes out as advertised with most packed dyes until you've coloured them over and over again. With Hair Chalk what you see is what you get.
1. The application process for Hair Chalk can be messy. You want to use gloves, I applied them without gloves the first time and second time, my hands were really messy but hey the stain was easy to wash out.
2. It stains everything. Yep, when I touch my chalked locs my fingers still stain and remember, my pillow case stained as well.
3. I have no idea if there are any other negative after effects of Hair chalking.
4. I didn't spritz my locs with anything through out these 7 days. I was afraid that it'll get messier.
|Some Blue and Purple Hair Chalk for Dupe too :)|
Final word, I like, I will defiinitely do it again. I think it's one of those things you can do because you know you can get away with it.
|7 Days after, not as vibrant but still there.|
What do you think? Would you chalk your locs?
Your Loc Head,